Quote:
Originally posted by Andre the Giant:
Putting armed cops on a plane, in the cabin is kinda stupid if you ask me. I don't want the guns accessable to the terrorists. All they would have to do is subdue the cop, take the gun, then who's in charge? Keep the guns in the cockpit, where they are secure. The pilots are the last line of defense. If the passengers are unable to subdue the bad guys, one of the pilots should have the means to do so.

There are two pilots on every flight... more than enough to fly the plane, AND take care of blowing a terrorist away.

Do you fly very often? I do, and I'd venture to say most of those who fly are completely comfortable with the idea of armed pilots.

The biggest question is... Why not arm the pilots? What is the harm in doing so?
I don't know if I fly "often", but I do take several cross-country flights each year, and I am more than happy thinking NOBODY on the plane has a gun on them (supposedly). I would prefer it stay that way. Keep the friggin' weapons and terrorists off the planes in the first place.

I don't suppose it'll be long before we're all X-rayed, like in Total Recall.