Polls that I have seen in the past have shown a large percentage of the Palestinians support what groups like Hamas do. Also remember the celebrating in the streets after 9/11?

The problem that the Palestinians have, is the same one they have had for 60 years. There leaders are complete scumbags. Arafat and his Nazi uncle before him have repeatedly rejected a two state solution. Arafat gives lip service to peace, and when it comes down to it he walks away from the table and starts a terrorist war with Israel. I agree with the both sides need to do something mentality to a degree, but I believe Israelis are tired of trying, to only have it thrown back in their faces time and time again.

Arafat and his ilk, are rejectionists plain and simple. They have no desire to peacefully coexist with the Jews, they only wish to destroy them. This has been the case since Transjordan was formed, and the English gave control of the rest of what was known as Palestine to the Grand Mufti, who then conspired with Hitler to kill all the Jews.