Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightX:

Madman, I am the Palestinian member of this board, and I choose not to respond in these threads anymore because there's no point in arguing. I hear bigoted statements all the time and I ignore them because they come from the mouths of uneducated stupid people. I even hear people tell me that my culture doesn't really exist (as indicated by your "'so-called' Palestinians" statement).

And really, honestly, you guys can argue and debate all you want, but NO ONE understands what is going on in Israel unless you've lived there and gone through what they are going through right now.

My father has so many beautiful memories of his childhood in a once peaceful Ramallah. He never wanted to leave his home, but he had to because the living conditions deteriorated and life got too hard. He can't even explain to me in words what his life was like right before he moved here.

You know a lot of things are happening over there that we don't even hear about. Horrible things. And this is why I don't think any of us have enough information to say we are right or wrong about our opinions. There's no way we'll ever understand.

I don't condone killing, suicide bombing (I think it's horseshit, actually) , and I do not support Arafat.

I support my culture, the beautiful language, the wonderful food, the wonderful sense of family and closeness that we all share. My father was brought up a respectful man who passed down those morals to his children. It is a friendly culture and a loving culture, and there are a few psychos that ruin it all. But they exist in every culture. Nothing we can do about that...

Just know that there are good Palestinians out there. And the Muslim religion is a good religion. And a normal, sane, good Palestinian Muslim would not kill himself and take other lives with him. He would shed a tear at all the bloodshed.
If your ancestry is from Ramallah then you are a Palestinian. You more than anyone should know that the territories are filled with rejects from other Arab countries who were "reborn" as Palestinians once they moved there.

You should be thankful that your father had the foresight to move to America while he had a chance. As a female you should be doubly thankful. I don't doubt you have a close family.

I disagree with your point regarding how no one knows what is going on over there if we haven't actually lived there. Do you really know what is going on? Have you lived there? Could it be possible any info you get from distant relatives could be slanted or one sided? There is more than enough information available from both sides if you willing to pursue it.

I agree that the culture of the region may have been a friendly and loving culture at one time. This is no longer the case and has not been for many years. There are more than just a few psychos and I think you know it. The once loving culture has dengerated to a hateful culture of breeding "Shahids". You do know what a shahid is don't you? A culture that breeds their children to become martyrs does not have much of a sense of family as far as I am concerned.

I would like to think that there are good Palestinians out there and I am sure there are some but where are they? Why have they not stepped up to the plate and denounced what has happened to their people and culture. Evil only thrives when good men stand by and do nothing. Is the Muslim religion a good one? Too much to discuss in one post. I do know one thing, I read the English language translations of the Muslim Imams Friday sermons broadcast weekly on Palestinian Television from the Palestinian Authority . I would have to ask you what conclusion is one to think?

As a Palestinian I am sure your heart is broken by what has transpired. Until the present Palestinian leadership is overthrown and the current crop of Imams is discarded and some normal, sane, good Palestinians take hold of their own destiny and stop the insane culture of hatred, the Palestinian people are doomed.

Quote:
A quote from Friday Sermon by Sheikh Ibrahim Mudeiris at the Sheikh Zayed Al-Nahayan Mosque, Gaza City, September 5, 2003, Broadcast on Palestinian Authority-TV:

"Indeed, we consider America to be our No. 1 enemy, as long as it supports our enemy. Must we be killed by only American planes? [Must] our homes be destroyed only by means of American tanks? Must our enemy control us only by means of American support? America is our No. 1 enemy, and we see it as our No. 1 enemy as long as we learn from the lessons of the Battle of Tabouk [which took place in October 630 AD] :'Make ready for them whatever you can of armed strength and of mounted pickets.' [Koran 8:60] We are prepared and ready, but victory is from Allah…"