After seeing this:

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobby_X:
Obviously they are not the only vector for aids, but they are largely responsible for it.
I must conclude:

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobby_X:
lol, I'm ignorant?
Yes...very much so.

Where exactly have you read anything stating as *fact* that it even originated in the gay community? Come to think of it...I don't think it's been the gay community spreading it in Africa.

Are blacks largely responsible for Trichomoniasis? Are whites largely responsible for scabies? Here's an interesting one: Heterosexuals are TWICE as likely to have nongonococcal urethritis as homosexual men. Damn...we straight guys spread disease and shit worse than others!

Using your logic, it must be so:

NIH study on STD\'s

Here's another from NIH:
(note that in June, 1982, only one year after the first rumblings of AIDS, it was found in homosexuals, hemophiliacs, IV drug users and Haitians. NOT just gays. Damn...maybe it was those fucking Haitians! And January 1983, it showed up in heterosexual couples as well. Screening of blood didn't occur until several years later - gee...were gays responsible for that, too?)

AIDS Timeline
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist