Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:

[b]A doctor should not be allowing someone to get that far. To me, it is a violation of the Hippocratic Oath.

Unethical and illegal. If the doctor is supplying him knowing the reasons, he should at the minimum be put on some sort of probation. Investigate whether his license should be yanked.
If you were Rush's doctor, and he continually complained about being in pain, would YOU deny the famous Rush Limbaugh pain medication? How do you know the doctor didn't precribed the normal amount of refills, and Rush got his "Extra" medication illegally? You can't blame the doctor for that.[/b]
Well, that's why I said "knowing the reasons." Also, it appears to me that Rush may not have had a prescription for the pills He may have, but at this point, who knows. And if he did have a prescription, there wouldn't be any investigation...it would have been perfectly OK.

My dad is a physician (retired) and would NEVER have allowed it. Here's an example of how squeaky clean he was: my brother has HORRIBLE allergies. He was taking benadryl shots for it. My dad could have brought home the stuff making it easier for my brother. We even asked him one time why he doesn't. His reply? Because it was wrong. He absolutely refused (and still does) to break the law or do anything even remotely unethical. He wouldn't advertise on TV because, "doctors just don't do that." He wouldn't give a rat's ass how famous or rich his patient was.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist