Quote:
Originally posted by Xdrivingogre:
After reading all 20 pages of this mindless drivel I am reminded of a couple of things in life. 1. It's too short to act like we are all still in 3rd grade. 2. If you buy something and its defective, send it back, return it, whatever. If you wait too long for the return period, tough shit. If you paid with paypal and have trouble getting your money back, contact paypal and they will help arbitrate the mess. Now can everyone act like a mature adult and stop with the thinly veiled physical threats?
I was going to leave this alone, but I’m reminded of a couple of things myself:
1) If it was so mindless, why did you read all 20 pages?
2) If you read all 20 pages, you know why I didn’t bother trying to get my money back. Venus would likely claim that he never got it back and wouldn’t refund me. So, I wasn’t going to throw good money after bad – especially when I can use it as an opportunity to spout out mindless drivel and have some fun at the same time.
3) I will cede to your opinion about the level of maturity. I’ve received more than a few PMs from people who know me wondering where all of my posts came from as it’s completely out of character. That said, when dealing with someone of Venus’ ilk, it’s best to speak to them in a manner that they can (maybe) understand, but still make it entertaining for those that are also keeping up as the plot unfolds.
So, if I had one overarching response, it’d be: Lighten up.. I tried taking the high road and gave Venus more than a few opportunities to redeem himself. That he didn’t argue a single point that I made with anything approaching logic only provided the fodder that I and others needed to hopefully weed this garden and prove that, even in a social environment, Darwin’s theory still has some applicability.