Quote:
Originally posted by lemsip:
Chewing gum is a far better anti-fur tool.
Good idea!

People could pat them on the back as they come out of the theater and secretly smear gum into the fur.

Frankly I don't really care, as long as PETA can keep up its foul tactics people can keep wearing fur. I don't wear fur (I think synthetics can be used to make a warmer coat) but people raising animals for their fur isn't much differnt as people raising animals for their meat. As long as they don't waste any of the animal after using its fur I don't mind (I do think the conditions at some of the farms are inhumane and need to be fixed though).

I just think it's kind of hypocritical for somebody to think killing an animal for its fur isn't as bad as killing an animal for its meat.

You're still killing the animal, do you think the cow cares if it's used for meat or for leather? No, it's probably more concerend it's about to die.

The only way I justify eating meat is that the animal was raised for the express purpose of being eaten, and every bit of the animal is utilized (not just the meat).

Xterra101.com