Okay, I'm not as gifted as you with the online quote functions as you are, so here goes.

Originally posted by LAXterra:
"Granted maybe I over reacted"

Maybe I did too. For that, I apologize to you Cary. I just took issue with hearing and seeing all of this stuff because, since I've joined the club, I've met great people and for whatever happened in past, they weren't a part of it and don't deserve to be slammed. Just as you don't want to be painted as something you're not, neither do we.

The guy you refer to as "steeple stepper" is a good guy and, to the best of my knowledge, isn't trying to be anyone but himself. In fact, he is less likely to try and be someone else than many people I know. The "steeple stepper" name, though, remains as a reminder of an incident not to be repeated.

Originally posted by you:
Because the club failed to do trail maintenance and the trail was given to a Toyota Club.

Before my time. So does mean everyone now is not supposed to undertake a new effort? Lots of us really want to do this and are working to make it happen. And not just on an officially recognized adopt-a-trail either. So we're moving forward to make it happen. Hopefully many people will get involved and we'll have a great time doing it.

Posted by Cary:
Speaking of Holidays. What ever happened in 2004 and 2005. I guess SCCXmas was canceled for TWO years due to lack of a host?

Don't know, before my time. Maybe as the club continues evolving, fun-sounding things like this can happen again.

Originally posted by Carey:
How about the OLD area that SCCX adopted got the club a award for "Club of the Year" in 2003? That area has since been essentially abandoned for the more glamourous AAT. Which the club lost to a Toyota Club."

Again, how are we supposed to live in the past? Ripping on the club for what happened will neither change the past or make the future any better. Perhaps I'm focusing too much on the future, but that's what I've got to work with.

Posted by Carey:
Those occupations in Television News are two different jobs covered by two DIFFERENT unions. Which two unions are you in?

Never said I worked for KTLA, Cary. Just said I met you there. I am in neither union, as I don't work for a studio. Never said I work a news photographer, either. And yes, in my work I do go to live shots for many networks as well as shoots/news events for print media and use my X, as it's my only car.

Posted by Cary:
"Nice attempt to disparage me and my work though."

Never once did I impugn your work. In fact, I know exactly what you have to go through in your position as a news photographer and fully acknowledge it's not easy. Feels like a lifetime ago that I took every chance I could to learn my way around the news biz by heading out on every live shot I could, be it in the truck, helicopter, whatever, covering fires, news conferences, high-speed chases and boring grip-and-grins. So kudos to you for having a staff position in the nation's number two news market; that's an accomplishment in-and-of itself.

Maybe had this entire exchange happened in person over a friendly beer, there wouldn't be such acrimony, but instead everyone would be talking about how cool things will be for sccx in the future.

Your post pissed me off. I responded. I mean really, did you honesty believe that no one would take issue with your comments? I believe that those frequenting the SCCX boards today who are working to contribute to the club in whatever way possible deserve better. While I agree that those who forget their past are condemned to repeat it, come on. If anything, those in the club from the way-back are highly cognizant that the way things once were are not the ways things should be now. If you're trying to act as the unsolicited conscience of sccx as it stands today, perhaps there is a better way of going about it.

And while I'm not trying to pick an online fight with you -- quite the contrary -- what I said about the remote happened. Last year; I didn't solicit it and I didn't continue the conversation. Sorry dude. FWIW, this post is the only occasion where I've ever brought that up, and it will be the last.

Posted by you:
You are who you protect...

Brian doesn't need me to protect him. I wouldn't presume to try. That thought would probably make him laugh. He's already posted up in the other thread about trying to make nice, so you two do what ever you need to do.

"Have a nice day."

You too.