In the mail yesterday I recived both my renewal notice for the X AND the notice saying my registration was overdue.
It was due last month March 12th. I called the DMV and told them that I had just recieved both notices at the same time so I didn't feel that I should have to pay the 85.00 dollar penalty lae fee.
They replied that it was my responsibility to know when my registration was due and even if they were in error it was basically my fault and I was stuck paying the penalty fee
WTF?
It's my fault?? FUCK!
I told the guy on the phone that this isn't the best way for California to help solve the budget crisis. He didn't seem very amused and repeated that it is the drivers resposibility to call the DMV if a notice is not sent on time. Now really, how many people really pay that much attention to the due date of their registration
So then I go online to bite the bullet and just pay the damn thing and avoid any more late fees. The DMV sends out these fliers telling you how much faster and easier it is to pay online and how it is more convienent and efficient for them. But get this, they charge you a 4.00 fee to register online. Just another way to fuck the consumer. I guess they have to make up the budget somehow

I'm really, really getting tired of California, the state is broke, the school system is broke, the roads and traffic suck, housing is too expensive and everything else costs more than anywhere else

OK I'm done ranting now........