Quote:
Oringinally posted by: mbflyerfan

There are many clubs in Philly I wont go to that are primarily a "black" club. Not because of the music (which I hate), but because of personal safety. I have said that if a black man went into a "white" club up here he may get a look or two. But if a white man went into a "black" club, he may not leave. This may be skewed logic. And I wish I didnt feel this way, but I have seen and heard too many things to change my opinion.
There are numerous clubs here in Atlanta that I ABSOLUTELY refuse to go to because of the crowd and sometimes the music. Here, certain music draws certain crowds. If a featured guess at a club is known for rowdy music...chances are the it's not gonna be a nice crowd. So I won't go. But as for "white" clubs, it's kinda funny. I think it's all based on location. In Buckhead, everybody parties together. In some cases, I acutally prefer partying with white people as opposed to black people. White people love to drink and have a good time. Where as in some black clubs here, there's a lot people looking for trouble.

Quote:
Originally posted by: mbflyerfan

When I think of Georgia, I think of the confederate flag, '65 ford pickups with a gun rack, KKK, marryin' your cousin, and BAD sports fans. Oh, and being pulled over by Sherrif Varner for having long hair and Jersey tags. Telling them you work at the Trump Taj Majal for Donald Trump and them saying (I shit you not), "looky here boys, we have a celebri-tee in our midst." (banjo playing softly)
That's Georgia. Once I got established in my career I moved further away from the city and further into the country. And it was indeed a culture shock. For white people out there, racism, seperatism, and the confederate flag is a way of life. I moved into a mostly white neighborhood (my wife & I) and you wouldn't believe the looks. It took forever to have a conversation with my neighbors...can't say why other than the fact a black man had the nerve to buy a house in THEIR neighborhood. On top of that a young (24 at the time) and educated black man. *assuming anyway* I could be working in the yard at the same time as my neighbors and not a word. But like I said, that's Georgia, rural Georgia.