Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Firearms are not my forte, but for instance, there's got to be a way to identify a firearm such that someone can't erase the ID number. In addition, make future firearms such that if this permanent ID number is tampered with, the weapon will not fire, with the "key" replacement parts coming from the manufacturer only (like certain car radios).
Those are not bad ideas. I personally like the idea of a firearm that only will fire when used by the owner or maybe the owner and a spouse, etc. I know some technology is being developed by the gun companies along this line. Also, a permanent ID number system would be fine with me.
Quote:
And possibly put all gun owners data into a central country wide (Federal) database for ALL law enforcement agencies having access. If you're not a criminal, you have nothing to hide, right? As for who will pay for this future technology, the people in this country are already paying, paying in violent crime and loss of lives.
As you can probably guess, I don't care for the idea of being dropped into a federal database just because I like to target practice. But we've been over that before. I hope your week gets better. Yada yada.
wink