Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Welcome to the world of capitalism.

The closer an issue comes to your wallet, the more passionate you become about it.

It's good to see that your wife's inheritance is turning you into a capitalist. Losing millions hurts when it hits home.

Congratulations. Be good to her....

Actually... Mad Cow disease can be transmitted to humans.

I think the price of beef has always been high here in NY. It does seem to have noticeably climbed in price in the last year or so.

You would think with all the pot grown and smoked in Canada that hamburgers would be a big thing for the munchies up there? [Uh Oh !]
Well Madman I have always considered myself a capitalist. I hope we do not enherit the family business, they, as most farmers are int eh hole for millions, work 18 hour days and get depressed if it rains the wrong days.

Besides the Feedlot (29.000 heads) they farm about 19.000 acres a year, all the crop is used to feed. It takes 8.5 hours to do one feeding which is done 2wice a day, Summer winter (they get 30 below most of the winter). They have a machine shop that employs 3 full time mechanics...just to give you a scale of business...naaah I stick to sitting in my office loosing money on selling Airline tickets to Business travelers.

and thank you for the congratulatory, she is a keeper..a true farm gal who can drive a semi and buck a horse.

In regards to the Pot comment...think about it the majority of potheads up here are treehuggers.....vegans or what ever they call themselves