I "get it." I "get" your strict and sterile defination of "native." My point is two-fold:

1 - If you were born in Japan while your parents were on vacation there, then strictly speaking, you're "native" to Japan. However, to the logical, thinking, intelligent people all over the world, you are no more a native Japanese than I am.

2 - Your attempt to compare and equate Native American Indians to Native American born Europeans is ridiculous and insulting.

Personally, I was born in Wichita Kansas to a Father who is 1/2 Indian and a Mother who's mostly German. I didn't take a scholarship or any free rides based on my "heritage" because I think its ludicrous to believe you are "owed" something by today's society because of the way your ancestors were treated.

I laugh about it now, and it doesn't offend me when my hunting buddies (and those who've earned my respect) call me "Warhoop, or Featherhead." My original intent in bringing it up into this thread at all was to bring a little levity and humor to the mix.

I shoul have expected it to degenerate into the same bullshit that most threads turn into these days.

The liver is evil, and must be punished...