Quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Almost agree with you.

Almost.

The court system should be open to everyone. To penalize someone because a ruling went against them would prevent a lot of people from filing meritous suits.

For example, if I am wronged by a business, and I go to court seeking justice, and I lose, I could be out some major dough! I might just be scared enough of that eventuality to not sue. Is that right? If I have a case, but I don't know for sure what the outcome is (no one really does, do they?), then I would stay away . . .

The problem is the juries. There needs to be a way to prevent twelve people too dumb to avoid jury duty from awarding Grandma Moses $150 million because she poured coffee all over her genitals . . .

Juries are quick to award damages in outrageous amounts, and because it's "corporate money," well, don't those big companies have the cash lying around? What's $50 million to Shell? Nada! Drop in the bucket . . .

Leave the courts as a source of justice for the average Joe. But overhaul the jury system!
Point taken Graham. I just hate frivilous lawsuits, or in this case, a Lawyer tainting a legitimate lawsuit with his true intentions. I am suprised a judge allowed this to be added in. I think we somehow need to put common sense back into our legal system. Maybe the juries are a good start.