LOL, are you talking about where I sent you a PM wondering why a thread would get locked as oppose to going to the ALR? That can't be it because you haven't read it yet, so who was it? laugh Besides, the thread was just barely off-topic compared to the crap I see in other forums. Oh well, it's in the ALR now. Not going to be much fun considering it's a nerd war, but I'll gladly respond.
Quote:
Originally posted by Fried Rice Mofo:
Yeah, I got the blinders on just as much as you do, pal. Only difference is mine says Sony while yours says Microsoft.
Yours says "Sony" while mine says "$aving $$$". I could care less about Microsoft... I care about the most bang for the buck.
Quote:
Sony didn't release shit. EA released Madden. They changed the way certain things were done on Madden on the 360. If such things like the playbook and whatnot are the same from here on out, I'm going to have to adjust or look for a new football game. I just didn't like it.
I know it's EA's game, I was saying that if the PS3 was out, it would be the same game that was on the 360. It always is. It's not the 360's fault that it was bad like you implied. I was just saying that it would have been no different on the PS3.
Quote:
Um, you're the one touting the doom of Blu-Ray to HD. I haven't decided who's going to win what yet. Nor do I really care at this point of the game, though I probably will in the future when I can afford more expensive toys.
I'm not touting, just stating the facts... big difference. I'm not saying it's 100% sure, but the facts and history show otherwise. And if someone listens to me without conducting their own research, that's their own fault.
Quote:
I do realize the mistakes Sony has made in the past. Are they bullheaded when it comes to media format? Yep. But they even lost when their format was superior. See Beta vs. VHS for that.
Personally, I liked the minidisk idea over CD's, but I'm glad I waited to see if it caught on.
Quote:
Funny thing is, you touted how the Xbox was a superior product to the Playstation 2.
Now that I did. Both were out and it was clear as day. You got a lot more with the Xbox. The PS2 was just a PS1 with better graphics and a DVD player. However, you were able to buy "addons" to make it have all the same stuff that you got out of box from the Xbox. By then, you were double the price of the Xbox. [LOL]
Quote:
Now you tout that the 360 is better than the PS3. Specifications aside, gameplay will be the same to the average consumers naked eye, as you mentioned. Yet the PS2 crushed the Xbox in sales. Must be all those people with the Sony blinders on, eh? Yeah, the same people that didn't buy Mini-Disk, ATRAC-3, etc.
Better? No. They will be the same as far as gameplay goes. However, it blows my mind that someone will buy a system that has a jacked up price because of the blueray player, and you're not even going to use it. Like I said, it's your money, but still. [Freak] I also said it's better because I'm spending a little now on the 360 and a little later on the player that "wins". Why would I throw all my eggs in one basket, especially when history shows me it fails? I'd be very pissed if I did buy that minidisk player.

As far as P2 sales... well, duh! That's not even a valid point. PS2 was released a year before the Xbox. PS2 has a lot more loyal fans over the globe. Considering the market and time the Xbox initial release date, the Xbox did extremely well. This generation will be more of a fair battle (domestically).
Quote:
In an era of cross platforming, games are going to become more exclusive. Xbox has GTA and Halo, Sony has Metal Gear and SOCOM. Whatever anyone's opinions are of those games, I know what I like. I like Metal Gear and SOCOM, I don't particularly get all kinds of excited for GTA and I think Halo is the most overrated piece of shit in gaming history. But that's me.
The one thing that almost got me back to the PS was the GTA series. I always had to end up playing that on the PC (couldn't wait for the Xbox version). Now, no longer. I felt the same way as you on Halo, but I've been playing it alot lately (for some odd reason it puts my son to sleep when I hold him and play) and I've gotten shockingly good. It's a lot more fun that I thought. I can kick my own ass and anyone elses with a keyboard and mouse, but it's definitely awesome for what it is. I'll admit that I never played Metal Gear or Socom, but I'm sure they are fun games as well.
Quote:
Yeah Nismo, you really hurt my feelings. I weep in my corner everytime I read your posts.
Then quit whining when someone disses "your" system. Oh wait, we're in the ALR... Fried Rice Mofo, you fuckin' piece of shit. I'll come over there and kick the shit out of you if you buy a PS3. It's people like you that ruin this great country by buying foreign crap you liberal piece of crap. You're probably an athiest mother fucker too. Hmm, I think that about covers the ALR requirements. [Wave]