Quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:
[b]Graham, speak to me about occupation after several years, not a few weeks.... If we are still "managing" things over there after a few years, then I'll agree.
Samueul, I'm not disagreeing with you that it is perfectly acceptable for the US to still be there.

The utilities need to be restored, the local police force force needs to be re-established, the local governments need to be put back into place, safety and security needs to be looked after . . .

All I'm saying is that I am not all that surprised, and not in any way concerned by the demonstrations. Fuck, Samueul, I'm more surprised that you were caught offguard by them!

Do you think it's really all that unrealistic for them to be fairly anxious to rule themselves? I don't. Do I think the US Army needs to be out of Iraq? Not yet. Would do more harm than good for the Iraqi people.

Of course there are going to be demonstrations. You really thought is was just going to be one big "I love America!" sit-in?[/b]
No, you're right, I am just irrated today, and this article pissed me off is all. None of what they are doing surprises me, I guess I just hoped it would be different this time.......