Quote:
Originally posted by Chris / CCX:
With Ian as the ringleader there is now this sense of fear that if any kind of mishap is posted, a gang of couch potato goons will descend on you with no compassion and no sense of humor.
I try to have a sense of humor, but I'm just tired of seeing this stuff. I have wheeled with a lot of people on this board, and I have my secret list of people who have no idea what they are doing. People I don't want to associate with, or drive with because they are a hazard or hindrance to people around them, especially at the large events or runs like those I host every year.

Sadly, it's a very long list, full of people who can't drive over any obstacle without a spotter, people who drive dangerously, people who have no common sense. People who are supposed to be improving their off-road driving skills, but aren't.

I talk to a lot of people off this board too, people who I respect, people who are skilled, people who confirm my thoughts about the people on my list because they have first hand knowledge as well.

This message board is for people to learn about their Xterras, and learn about safe 4 wheeling, but every couple of weeks I see something stupid and preventable like this and it just makes me wonder if it's worth the effort.

I lead all the trail runs for RMXC, and I lead trail runs at GOX and goneMOAB every year and there has never been an incident with any of them (with the exception of Weelit, but he was showing off) because I won't allow it.

I want all the club leaders and the people who are supposed to be showing the new people the ropes to step up and quit fucking around. A 4000 lb truck is not something to be playing with so casually or wrecklessly.