I never knew people felt this way about SCCX. The only thing I ever saw that made me feel uncomfortable were the high speed runs across dry lake beds. I did ride across the lakebed with a group of people at West X though. Once the dust started getting thick I dropped out due to fear that somebody would come out of the dust and hit me. I think things like that are interesting to watch though. Hell, the most dangerous thing I ever saw was the "Chaos" scene for the Nissan commercial and even then it was a controlled situation. Logan was the only guy I ever saw have trouble during a run and that was the time he swamped his truck. I didn't see him ford the river, but the people that did stated that he wasn't going any faster than the others there. I agree that it is important to be sane and leave room for mistakes and unexpected things, but I also feel that there are instances where even the best judgement won't stop you from having damage occur. I'm not going to say Axle was wrong for two reasons:
1) I wasn't there.
2) If I did, then I would probably have the exact same thing happen to me no matter how careful I was.

I was up at Big Bear the following weekend and watched several people slide into ditches. You don't have to be going fast for it to happen. All of the people I saw sliding around were moving at a crawl. I parked my truck far from the area where people were driving because of it. The roads there are rarely flat and the snow was packed on top of a sheet of ice. I had to crawl in 4 lo in first gear and still felt nervous. I parked as soon as I was clear of the traffic area and made my family walk several hundred yards to an area where we could safely play in the snow. My kids were sliding around on the road just walking. If anything the only thing they did wrong in my opinion was to be driving up there at all, but like I said, I wasn't there. That might have been the first ice they ran into. I stand by my statement that Axle is a good guy and a safe driver. He pushes his truck to it's limits, but I've learned a lot from watching him drive, even if it is sometimes not to do what he just did.

Toderick, I had no idea that you felt this strongly about all of this. I remember times that I stood up for you in discussions on this board. You have done some things that some here might think are unwise as well. I know I have. I think you've let a lot of things build up instead of venting at the time you were originally pissed off. You need to let people know how you feel when they do something that irritates you. Holding it in just makes you a lot more pissed later. Hopefully this thread has gotten a lot of stuff in the open and we can all be one big happy family again and just rip on Brent. laugh