Quote:
Originally posted by Xterrian:
Toderick, I had no idea that you felt this strongly about all of this. I remember times that I stood up for you in discussions on this board. You have done some things that some here might think are unwise as well. I know I have. I think you've let a lot of things build up instead of venting at the time you were originally pissed off. You need to let people know how you feel when they do something that irritates you. Holding it in just makes you a lot more pissed later. Hopefully this thread has gotten a lot of stuff in the open and we can all be one big happy family again and just rip on Brent. laugh
Yeah, I see your point... but there is a lot more to it than that.

my problems with sccx go way back, and I did vent in the past, and was banned fom posting on the sccx board for it.

WestX existed because of those problems with sccx... it was the ANTI-Xcursion, intened to go against everything that sccx was doing at that time...

it worked, things mellowed out, i spent hours on the phone with the board of directors and issues were resolved, I was cool with some of the old guard, we put the differences aside and had fun a few times.

but i think everything began to turn sour for me when the anti-xcursion i began turned into an sccx induced nightmare. first axle and logan jumped in and started doing things that were decidedly against what westx was all about, then when i tried to explain renee jumped in withthem and the three of them blasted me publicly and tried to make me look liek the prick for trying to protect what i had started. then when the event acually happened some sccx members only spotted other sccx members on a trail, eventually just leaving people when they broke down.

I was Pissed. But i kept my mouth shut, out of respect for the club as a whole. I spoke to the peopel that were trail and for the most part they were ok with it and said they didn't want to stir up shit over it. since i intended to run more westx's i followed that idea, attempting to avoid another public confrontation with logan, axle and renee... it didn't work. I intentionaly provided no itinerary for westX scheduled for oct. 2003 I was gonna go back to the roots and not allow others to dictate what the event should be, let it just be a "come as you are" event again... they pile don me again, this time not just on the forums, but on PM and email as well...

what happened, SCCX scheduled their nccx/sccx joint run, CALX(normaly held in july) for the weeked prior to westX... this obviously hurt westX, intentionaly i feel, as nccx people where unlikely to make both events and several sccx members emailed me to let me know they would not attend both.

nothing much happened after that, until this thread... Axle and others giving ian shit for jokingly saying he would leave someone behind(when we all know he wouldn't) was too fucking much considering axle HAS left people on the trail.

I think i'm done with this thread, most of the old time members know what started all my issues with sccx... those that don't can PM me if they want, just make sure you PM Xtoolbox & LAXterra as well, remember there are three sides to every story.