Quote:
Originally posted by xterrah:
So are you all saying that I shouldn't go on the upcoming SCCX Xcursion, which will be my first? I'm sorry, but I haven't been convinced about it being unsafe. I know enough not to follow others if I feel uncomfortable. I have always off-roaded on my own (CJ7) and wouldn't hesitate to head off on my own if I felt unsafe.

My only concern would be that I may possibly hold up the group. I would hesitate (big time) doing 100 across a dry lake and my main purpose of a run would not be to see how far I can push my X.

Joining the group was my new safe and sane way of going off road. I have always gone by myself, but a lot of people have a problem when they hear that. They are probably right. Now I'm not sure if I would fit in after reading these posts. It's kind of sad.

I guess this answers the question of what effect this thread is having on XOC and Xterra clubs in general.
don't hesitate to come on the next xcursion. i have only been to one xcursion, and thus only met logan once.
while i have never wheeled w/ axle, i can thank him for installing my lift and overall being a VERY helpful person who spent pretty much TWO WEEKEND AFTERNOONS with my xterra. i have great respect for him as a family man, friend and mechanic.
as for logan: on the xcursion i went on, we had some 4x2's with us. logan intentionally went ahead and left his frontier in 2wd to see if the 2wd xterras could make it. he cooperated with the other team members just fine and had the safety of others in mind.
sccx in general: a great group of people. come on the next xcursion, xterrah. decide for yourself.

this is exactly what i was talking about a few pages before. if it's personal, keep it that way. don't brand an entire group because of personal issues.