Quote:
Originally posted by Don't be stpid:
Maybe more peole would listen to Ian if he weren't such a prick to people who don't kiss his ass...
I don't kiss Ian's ass and he isn't a prick to me. What gives?

What you guys need to understand is that Ian founded this board and grew it to the position it's currently in. He has a ton of time invested in it and doesn't want it to be associated with dumb people and their dumb decisions. Especially people that wear their unsafe decisions on their lapel as a badge of honor.

This doesn't mean that accidents aren't going to happen and that the people criticizing said accidents have never done anything unsafe in their lives. It just means that I understand why the founder and moderators want to keep this kind of chest pounding to a minimum. Especially since XOC has gotten national recognition from companies like Nissan, Calmini, etc...

Do we as the XOC community really want to be seen as DUMBASSES or TRAILER TRASH or RECKLESS ENVIRONMENT DESTROYERS? I don't and I would wager that 99% of the members here agree.

I remember when I first got involved in 4 Wheelin'. I was nervous because of my stereotype of offroaders. I thought all offroaders were back water, inbred, gun fanatic racists that would chew me up and spit me out. I was so relieved when I found out that XOC/RMXC was the exact opposite of my stereotype.

I just think that we as a community need to uphold the values that the majority here abide by and not act like someone rolling their Xterra is cool. I'm glad nobody was injured but rolling one's vehicle is a serious matter and should be treated as such. It seems like in the inbred world of offroading that rolling a rig is a requirement. That is one requirement I would like to avoid at all costs.

Let's not let ourselves get caught up in the stereotype of offroading. Let's project a professional image that any local municipality would love to have in their community.

These are just my opinions.