Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:
HOlly cow what happened to just pokin a bit of fun.
It's fine to have a good time and, in your words, poke a bit of fun. I have no problem with that. Let's just keep it in perspective and deviate from the norm of propagating destructive behavior.

Being from Colorado and a member of RMXC, a common campfire topic is the potential closure of quality trails. All because of a few inconsiderate oafs that think offroading comprises of blazing new trails, shooting up trail signs and leaving every piece of trash they generate in the wild. This mentality is what I'm against and unfortunately, the idea that rolling one's rig is cool, is part of this mentality.

I'm not saying that Axle or his defenders thought that rolling his Xterra was cool. I'm just saying that we as a quality offroad community should be aware of the ramifications this mentality creates. I don't know about you but I don't want to be lumped into a stereotype in which I don't belong.

We in RMXC take pride in presenting a quality image and leaving the environment in the same state in which we found it. This doesn't mean that mistakes haven't been made. It just means that we try our hardest to not make them in the first place.

As far as destructive driving habits are concerned, we in the club pride ourselves in not allowing that particular behavior. When an individual displays mannerisms that not only put themselves or other club members in jeopardy we put a stop to it. It's not fair to everyone else in the club if they are constantly dealing with the carnage of one individual.

Again, these are just my opinions and should be taken as such.