yeah dudicus maximus, you have to admit that no amount of know-how on the part of anyone can answer the question i had for them right off the bat. what i was really looking for was them to tell me that i could try it and it wouldn't fuck up my steering, that was my main concern, but no, they wouldn't even do that, they just spouted the same old dribble as though i was a clueless individual and didn't even take the time to listen. now, everyone on the board who responded did, as did the local shop which ended-up giving me the knowledge that enabled me to try it without breaking anything. that was all i was looking for, it sucks when you know more about the products than the vendors/sellers/makers give you credit for and you come out feeling like the asshole because you had a good question but because they deal with asses all day, they will not take the time to listen to you.

david
rant off

edit...
oh, and sometimes i come across as a cranky know-it-all-fucker, but that has kept me from getting ripped off more than once and it also shows that the people i want to converse with can talk tech with me if they need to.