DAMN IT, MY COMPUTER FROZE SO YOU GUYS AREN'T GOING TO GET THE VERSION I SPENT 20 MINUTES CRAFTING, HERE'S THE SHORT-SHORT VERSION
I am not trying to bash Calmini, their quality is excellent, they are the first aftermarket company I consider when I consider any modification for my Xterra.
I was not looking for someone to blame when I tried to find out whether or not the Calmini Steering Stabilizer for my Isuzu Trooper had interchangeable parts with some sort of Xterra set-up, namely a set of Rancho Brackets, I figured I would start with a simple question to Calmini, who makes your shocks, if it's Rancho, is it this size... if it's not, then do you see any problem with using it for this...
What I got was cold response on the other end and getting put on hold in mid-sentence two times without explanation, and I hung-up...
Once again, Calmini makes a great product and I am not questioning that, but why not at least entertain a reasonable question? If everyone wanted to answer questions based on whether or not they were time-effective or stupid or whatever... what would you do when someone asks you, oh I don't know 3 times in the same day, "how are you doing?"
I mean, why piss in your own pool? Why take so much time and effort to be rude to the people who give you money for goods and services? Last time I checked, parts suppliers did just that, supplied parts, and who buys them, consumers and who am I, a consumer. Hell, for that matter, I am already a costumer from the past and that should've warranted a little respect on the phone, I mean, I was trying to get the most out of the already $80+ I had spent on my previous Calmini Stabilizer. I didn't call to try to be that little egghead with the impossible question who just wanted to know the other person on the line was squirming under the wrath of my perfectly formulated unanswerable question. Somewhere along the line, everyone needs to drop their ego, suck it up and answer a dumb question or two to make someone happy. It makes the stupid moron worthless, shouldn't-waste-anyone's-time-and-should-shoot-themselves-in-the-kneecaps-instead-of-asking-a-question-they-don't-know-the-answer-to customer happy and more often than not leads to either party benefiting, either directly or indirectly. The CUSTOMER SERVICE personnel feeling good for having helped his fellow man, and the customer for knowing that someone took the time to answer them. Hell, I buy stuff when people are nice to me, I TRY to find something, no matter what it is, to buy when a vendor, shop, mail order company when they are nice to me just to show my appreciation.

Oh and yes Ian, I did think about liability issues, that is why I tried asking locally before I went to the other side of the country with my querry. I had nowhere in my mind the concept of taking any liability route with it either, I simply wanted to know how to check, but I never even got to say that part of my question. So the local shops told me how I could do it after I consulted what everyone had written on the board. I was not looking for someone to take the fall, I was looking for the method with which to test to make sure that I wasn't Fucking Up MY steering not Calmini, I was asking for guidance and got an earful of country and western hold music in reply. BUT SINCE I NEVER EVEN GOT TO ASK THAT, THERE WAS NEVER A QUESTION OF LIABILITY, IT NEVER CAME INTO PLAY.
David [Geek]