Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
For some Canadian who claims to not have a vested interest in American politics, you do always have an awful lot to say about it.
My claim to not have a vested interest comes from not taking sides on any particular party, however I do take sides on issues - especially when those issues involve deaths and profits. And is more humanitarian in nature rather than politically biased.

Quote:
If Kerry wanted to make a "so-called" joke about Bush or the Bush administration, he would have included the words "Bush" or "Bush administration" or even "administration" in his comment. He didn't.
He made several jokes about the administration, then said 'I want to talk about education, but before that I want to say something...' none of his jokes elicited laughs. I would say he probably was feeling that all his jokes were going flat and was probably nervous about what he was going to say.

Quote:
[QB]
Yeah, he made a Freudian slip. It revealed his true feelings about the people that serve in the military.
Well, not being god I cannot judge what his actual intentions are, but it being patently stupid what he said I doubt that was what he meant to say.

Quote:

You are also full of shit with your statement that recruiting is at a frenzy in areas with "less then stellar education levels and local unemployment". If that were true, then why does the military have better levels of education than the general population?
...Am I now?
I don't doubt that there are kids that have put themselves through school that are serving in the military, but I doubt many of them have high hopes of landing that great MBA job... Also your general population - does it include people like grandma's from the segregated 50's, and inner city kids who are very uneducated but for whom military service is quite distasteful especially since there is the prospect of easy gang money?

Quote:

People like you and Kerry are of the same mindset.
I find it kind of telling that you left out the last part about republicans not having their kids in the frey.

Also wanted to add: I see that Bush is supporting the troops, I think I can offer that same kind of support.
Rah, Rah, Go troops GO!!! - how's that?