Branden... You are full of shit. I wouldn't believe anything you said. If you claimed today was Thursday I would still have to check it with a calender. I don't believe for one minute your ROTC story. If anything, this country is the stronger because you never wore a uniform of any type.

The excuses being put forth on behalf of John Kerry are beyond pathetic. He meant to say exactly what he said. Kerry and many people like him and many on this board in this thread have an extremely low opinion of the military that is rooted in ideology and has nothing to do with reality.

John Kerry has been insulting the military for 35 years. Besides his comments calling his own military comrades in arms war criminals in the 70's he also said this about the military in 1972:

"I am convinced a volunteer army would be an army of the poor and the black and the brown." "We must not repeat the travesty of the inequities present during Vietnam. I also fear having a professional army that views the perpetuation of war crimes as simply 'doing its job."

This guy has always had a hatred for the military. Nothing he says is true. There has also never been a disparity of poor and minority people being used by the military. That is nothing but pure leftist dogma, lies, and propaganda. The same dogma and lies are still being repeated by leftists today and John Kerry.

Some facts about the military:

http://www.heritage.org/Press/Commentary/ed112905a.cfm?RenderforPrint=1

Quote:
According to a comprehensive study of all enlistees for the years 1998-99 and 2003 that The Heritage Foundation just released, the typical recruit in the all-volunteer force is wealthier, more educated and more rural than the average 18- to 24-year-old citizen is. Indeed, for every two recruits coming from the poorest neighborhoods, there are three recruits coming from the richest neighborhoods.
Amazing isn't it. High income bracket Americans do join the military. In large numbers too.

More interesting info...

Quote:
If, for example, we consider the education of every recruit, 98% joined with high-school diplomas or better. By comparison, 75% of the general population meets that standard. Among all three-digit ZIP code areas in the USA in 2003 (one can study larger areas by isolating just the first three digits of ZIP codes), not one had a higher graduation rate among civilians than among its recruits.

In fact, since the 9/11 attacks, more volunteers have emerged from the middle and upper classes and fewer from the lowest-income groups. In 1999, both the highest fifth of the nation in income and the lowest fifth were slightly underrepresented among military volunteers. Since 2001, enlistments have increased in the top two-fifths of income levels but have decreased among the lowest fifth.
This doesn't even take into account the officers in the US military. This country has the best educated officers of any military on earth. The most educated of any military in history.

The Marines and the Air Force even have higher standards for recruits than the Army does.

You leftists on this board hate the military just like Kerry does. It's part of your insane ideology and the lies and dogma are ingrained within you. Leftist hatred for the military is evident every day in this country. You need look no further than the plethora of lawsuits by left wing universities trying to get military recruiters kicked off their campuses.

I see Branden you are starting to pick up the slack where Kerry left off. Now you are labeling all soldiers as "killers". You even throw in the word "innocent" to denigrate soldiers even further. Accusing soldiers of killers of the innocent.

You are pathetic Branden. What's next? Spitting on them at the Denver Airport?