Having read some of the newscasts surrounding this topic I draw this:

Kerry said what he did to point out that many US service men and women have little education and are in the forces as a way to make a living in leiu of other opportunities. Was the comment warranted?, Did Bush have to jump on it and make a big deal out of it offcourse he had..that is the beauty of politics. show me one politician 9other than the dude in Texas) who has not tried to further his own agenda by slamming the the opponent.

Iraq is a shithole, more so than when the coalition "liberated" them does that mean the Service men and women putting their lives on the line every minute of the day does not deserve the respect and admiration of the people who can afford to sit in their plush armchair and be keyboard machos? fuck yeah.

I see the war ending with the next election. No democracy but a few years of civil war untill the next dictator comes along and beats the people into submission is that a bad thing?. not if you look at the culture and history of the middle east, we can not force a western way of living on to a people that are still living in the middle ages. Terrorism can be contained not defeated.....