Quote:
Originally posted by lincolnnellie:
I never really asked myself why I believed what I did believe. Then I realized, that there isn't any cold hard proof for believeing what I did. It was all based on faith.
Of course it's all based on faith. Some historical stuff of the bible is true, while other parts are faith based. i.e. A man living back then is generally accepted to have been Jesus, but nobody has proven he really walked on water.

Quote:
The Twin Towers were attacked in the name of God. You don't hear anyone blaming God for that do you?
No, because God gave you the ability to choose right from wrong. What you do with it is not his fault.

Quote:
I am actually trying to keep an open mind, gathering as much information as I can. I will make a decesion as to wether I believe in God or not. I have tried praying, talking to priests ect...and they cannot answer my questions. I am just looking for answers, and discussing these topics with people is probably how I will solve my dilema.
If you are looking for concrete answers, you will be looking forever. That's what faith is. I'm not aware of any religion that claims to have all the answers.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist