Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
Yeah, but my tax dollars are going to welfare which I don't believe in. My tax dollars are going to the arts which I don't believe in supporting.
Right, but those aren't religion/god issues. They aren't prohibited by the constitution and the bill of rights.

Quote:
My tax dollars are going to provide pre-natal care for illegal aliens which I don't believe in.
How 'bout those Cubans that get something like $9000 and free health care from the government? Conservatives aren't going to get rid of that.

Quote:
when it comes to wholesome family values or morally correct issues
Ah...thought police, eh?

Quote:
you all shy away and hide behind some trumped up law that doesn't exist like seperartion of church and state.
There is no mention of the words "separation of church and state" in the constitution or the bill of rights...I will give you that. But there is also not one mention of the words "God" or "Christianity". And Jefferson and Madison both believed in the separation of church and state (mutually, not just one way), and both said that's what the constitution and bill of rights provided. If anyone has the authority to say what the constitution and bill of rights meant, it's these guys.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist