Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
[b]The problem today is an out of control federal judiciary and basically an out of control federal government. The Constitution is being abused like never before to do nothing but advance liberal, secular humanist and aetheistic agendas. It is up to Congress to reign the judiciary in. That is where Republicans can be helpful because Democrats support all these things.
Do you think it will ever happen though? Aside from different judges, the only way to reign them in is through amendments, and a lot of the stuff you'd like to have - it would be next to impossible (if not completely) to get the required number of states to ratify it.[/b]
Not true. Congress can pass a bill. Technically they could pass a bill about anything. It would only be a temporary measure until...you guessed it... some federal judge struck it down. A Constitutional Amendment would solve this problem. This Constitutional Amendment must clarify Article III Section I of the Constitution and the role of the judiciary.

You are wrong. I do not think it would be impossible to get it passed. It just takes courage and hard work on the part of some of our representatives. The majority of the American population is not happy with the federal judiciary. Once this became a big issue, many congressman would be scrambling to prove why they should or should not support it and that could be large issues in their re-election campaigns. As I said... it just takes courage on the part of those that introduce it (It certainly won't be my congressman. He is a coward). There would certainly be enough states to pass it. The problem lies in Congress.

It is up to the Legislature to create laws. There seems to have been some sort of perversion of the American government over the last 50 years where the judiciary makes decisions and these decisions become defacto law. This is wrong and our government was never set up to operate in this manner. The federal judiciary is out of control and no longer operates within their constitutional parameters. The Constitution has been thrown out the window by the federal judiciary and we are basically living in a new form of government. It has to end or revolution is right around the corner.

You like Jefferson.... Isn't a little revolution every 20 years or so a good thing? Our system is cracking. Americans are not Europeans. There is only so much abuse they will take. Maybe a big revolution is in order.

By the way... Jefferson is also one of the most abused of our founding fathers by the liberals of today.