Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:

Madman, you are wrong on both counts - the Alabama case and the Texas case.

14th Amendment makes the First Amendment apply to states as well (until the 14th, it didn't).

"No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States"

And yes, the Court has ruled on that before. As early as the 1920s.
No you are wrong. I am well aware of what the 14th Amendment states. I have posted it here numerous times (when quoting an amendment...post the whole section).

Quote:
Article XIV Section. 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
It is the radical interpretation by the federal judiciary that is the problem. It only takes a new ruling to strike down previous interpretations of federal rulings.

The 14th Amendment is the most abused of all Amendments. The equal protection clause is the most abused of any text of the constitution. It has been used as a license for extreme liberalism. The interpretations are wrong and extremely broad. They totally blow the 10th Amendment out of the water. When a federal court takes a case similar to previous cases or rulings... that previous ruling is always in jeopardy.

The equal protection clause can also be interpreted to administer an opposite ruling. This is why a new Constitutional Amendment to reign in judicial tryanny is required.

But you would agree with them considering they suit your idealogy. If these rulings had gone the other way... you would be arguing against them.

Article III Section I must be redefined if this country is to ever move forward.... or survive.