Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:

And where did he say, "I invented the internet?"

Vint Cerf, who was one of the driving forces behind the internet, even says Gore was misquoted, and what he DID say was taken WAY out of context.
Again he said "I took the initiative in creating the Internet". You're talking a matter of semantics. "Created" or "invented". You're a very picky and literal guy when it suits your interests.

Regardless it was a ridiculous claim to make. Al Gore was known for his exagerations. In his defense he did have a sense of humor and joked about it on later public appearances. Al Gore is an ass, but in his defense he is no where near the level of lunacy displayed by the current crop of unworthy Democratic candidates for president. Joe Leiberman is the only one who comes close to being somewhat qualified and possibly sensible enough to be in the running.
But again, he didn't say he created or invented. He took the INITIATIVE. And he did. Before he backed it, there was no internet as you know it today.

I do agree though, the current crop of dems...sorely lacking. Honestly, I don't think there's been a decent Democrat since April '68.

Gore can say stupid things. But one thing nobody on either side will deny - he knows a hell of a lot about issues, regardless of what they feel about his *opinion* on them.

I videotaped him once. Saying he is wooden is being generous.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist