My simple opinion....the f*cker got what he deserved. Period.

I am amazed that anyone would actually try and justify a dangerous and stupid act such as tailgating, as being anything other than what it is. It is an outward expression of aggressiveness and self-righteousness. The BMW driver felt it was his right to break the law of proper following distance, and by cramming his vehicle up the ass of Carlton's X, thought he could use at least a modicum of intentional suggestion that Carlton either speed up or move over for this gentlemen's obviously more pressing need to be somewhere sooner.

I suppose, had Carlton been faced with a sudden braking situation, in the eyes of some members here, it would have been Carlton's fault, rather than the BMW driver's fault that he rear-ended the Xterra. This logic is no different. The Beamer driver gambled by practicing dangerous and unnecessary behavior, and lost. Screw him. Not Carlton's problem.

If the Beamer driver was in a legitimate hurry for and emrgency reason, he has flashers that I'm sure work (and if they don't, he again is responsible for the properly maintained condition of his vehicle). He should have been using them.

But he was not dealing with an emergency situation, at least not one that justified the act of extreme tailgating and dangerous driving. He was just exemplifying behavior we all see everyday.....the need to be somewhere sooner than he is, due to either poor planning on his part or over-extension of obligations.

I would like to think that this behavior would be altered by his little mishap.....but I fear that as soon as his little race rocket is mended, he will be out there driving in the same assinine fashion again. Let's just hope his behavior doesn't lead to more devastating results next time.

http://www.metzgardesign.com