Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
Are you really that stupid to believe the liberals accept responsiblity? Lets look at Clinton, lets look at Carter, lets look at welfare, lets look at abortion, lets look at all the newly-found mind disorders, lets look at healthcare, etc.... There is not one liberal who accepts responsiblity. Not one. There is not one liberal who values working hard, no matter what the reason. Your party's platofrm is built around doing everything for everyone. Where is the responsibility? Where is the accountability? You people make me sick.
You are right. There are some in my party that DO feel that way, just as there are those in your party that favor taking everything for themselves. There are extremests on both sides. But to make the blanket statements you do is just ridiculous.

For instance. I'm not in favor of abortion as birth control. I've said on more than on occasion that I'm against abortion except in cases of rape, incest, and the life of the mother.

I value working hard. But I also know the pain of being unemployed and needing assistance from the government to survive. I was unemployed for a year, and in that time I went out and found work along with getting some assistance from my parents. I never went to the government, but it would have been a last resort had I not found my current job. So I can identify with those that need help and are on disability or on welfare. When conservatives make blanket statements such as the ones you made, it makes me furious, because I've been there, and know what it's like. We're not all lazy. We're not all loafers. But you make the assumption that everyone on welfare are lazy and refuse to work. There are some that are, granted, but many people on welfare just need some help for a small amount of time.

In regards to your statements on "mental disorders," they do exist. They're not an excuse, but I have seen criminals with mental disorders get the help they need in jail. I had two friends that were violently bi-polar in high school. One was in a gang, and one was an orphan that lived with my best friend. Both of them were locked up for a time, and both of them recieved the help they needed. The gang member is now managing several restaurants in Wichita, and the other is a musician in LA. Without studying and figuring out what is wrong with people with these diseases, by just throwing them in jail and forgetting about them as you would like to do, they would not be the upstanding members of society that they are today!

Your blanket statements are ridiculous, and I think you are just wanting to start an argument.

Not starting an argument here...just personalizing your comments.