Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:

[b]What I meant by mental disorders were the ones you hear about so much on TV today. Prozac is killing our children. Boys will be boys. If they wrestle with each other or push each other around in the hall ways, it is being boys. We must attempt to prove who is the Alpha. We don't need to drug them so they act like little girls at tea parties. With every new complaint, comes some new mental disorder originating from some liberal minded drug company and excuses from the ACLU.
We must attempt to prove who is the Alpha? What kind of bullshit is that? I don't know about you but I want my tax dollars going towards educating my child, not defining a pecking order amongst kids with learning disorders. If your son was constantly being beat up by another child in the class that was twice his size, what would you do? Show him how to defend himself? If so, you watch too many movies because in the real world the bullies have friends (its called a gang) just waiting for you at the end of the day.

If you ask me, this is one of the main problems at public schools, dealing with the few who just don't what to learn or even be there in the first place, all they want to do is disrupt the class. I always thought the main purpose of school was to learn, not to be part of a family of baboons.

In my town, most the asshole jocks and "tough guys" became land scapers or town workers, and now work for a lot of the very same kids they used to pick on in school.

[LOL] [/b]
Totally off what I was getting at. But, your point is correct.