I hope you're not inferring Joseph McCarthy had anything to do with the uncovering of any communist plots against the U.S. McCarthy was only a mouthpiece for Hoover (in more ways than one).

"William Sullivan, one of Hoover's agents, later admitted that: "We were the ones who made the McCarthy hearings possible. We fed McCarthy all the material he was using."

Back to the the original spirt of this thread. Like Hoover, Madmans hero McCarthy was a homosexual, plain and simple.

"Joseph McCarthy considered a libel suit against Greenspun but decided against it when he was told by his lawyers that if the case went ahead he would have to take the witness stand and answer questions about his sexuality. In an attempt to stop the rumours circulating, McCarthy married his secretary, Jeannie Kerr. Later the couple adopted a five-week old girl from the New York Foundling Home."

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site