Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:

Yes there is a lawsuit regarding the display of Islamic and Jewish symbols in NYC public schools. We will know the outcome within a week or so I believe. The school system for some insane reason does not view the Islamic star & crescent and the Jewish menorah as "religious" symbols. In their insanity they view them as secular. No Christian symbols are allowed. The word Christmas is a problem because it is viewed as a religious holiday (strange because NY schools are closed for all Jewish holidays even though they are not government holidays). Christmas trees are allowed at the discretion of the principal and no ornaments depicting anything Christian or deemed religious may be hung from the trees (this basically means few schools have trees).
Though I totally agree with you about this scenario being a double standard (you already know my thoughts about having ANY religion proported in public areas), but how do you know it's the "Leftist" fault?

I have my own theory on why this is happening and basicly it's that the white Judo/Christian is the minority in NYC, and is simple being out voted on these matters.

Think about, the inhabitants of NYC proper vote, don't they? Somebody had to have voted for the selectmen in NYC. Do you even know the demographics of NYC, or exactly who is insituting these laws?

On a more abstract thought, do you really think a Democrat like Hillary Clinton would have voted in favor of placing the Koran in front of the Hall of Heroes, in so jeopardizing her future run for the White House?

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site