My biggest peeve is with the technology sector.

HP is bleeding money and outsourcing everything, yet they continue to R&D a new printer almost every week.
My HP 722C Deskjet and 1200 Laserjet print just the same as the latest 10 printers to come out of HP, and they're 5 years old.
Every new printer is a new design, that means new parts, new molds for injection, new everything. What a waste of money. I could make that company profitable in a year just by cancelling 90% of their projects.

Why does Intel keep making CPUs faster when my CPU spends 99% of its time idle ? 3Ghz is fast enough for anyone to do anything for the next decade, but they continue to burn cash making them 5% faster just to make the next sale to gamers who are only a small portion of the market.

Look at CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drives. Every week someone has something newer and faster, when the benefit is so insigificant.
I have a 12X CD-ROM drive that is faster than my 48X CD-ROM drive because it spins up to speed so much faster.

Dell makes 7 different lines of notebook computers and 5 lines of desktops. Shouldn't they offer one notebook and one desktop that do it all ? They could offer more to the customer by reducing R&D by an enormous amount.

Do we really need yet another cool looking cell phone every month ? Nokia should sell one phone, and one phone only that does everything.

Arg...

At least I have 2 job prospects, something I haven't had in a long time. That along with all the side work I do would make me a happier person smile