The initial concern of this thread is something that my wife and I discuss alot. Being that we are in the furniture capital of America, we are seeing firsthand the overzealous sending of jobs oversees.

I am of the mind return to a certain level of isolationism is necessary for our future. Sure things would be tough as jobs were pulled back to domestic centers, and resultant prices rose to accomodate the increased operational expenditures. But eventually a natural balance would be hit as more jobs became available domestically, and more people's quality of life improved.

I know that this is an extremely simplified scenario, but it is representative of what I believe needs to happen on some level to revive our domestic economy. Sending jobs to China, India, Mexico, etc., etc., is doing nothing for the people here at home. Who cares if their local Wal-mart can carry a cheaper version of the widgett because it is made oversees, when the now laid off domestic widgett maker can't afford it because he know longer has a job?

[Freak]

http://www.metzgardesign.com