All you guys buy guns just in case of a home invasion. ( Which is not that likely )
I'd rather not have any guns inside the home just in case, just in case my nosey kids want to see what their like. And you all know how kids are nosey, good parenting or not, everyone is curious. I made my way into my dad gun locker, knew not to touch anything, but still had to look on my own, while I was by myself.

And having the owner wear the keys to the lock on himself at all time is not alway an option, think showering, swiming, going for a run, anything. I knew a guy who taught gun safety, he was anal about it. He had 4 different place to hide his lock box, and at least 6 different place to hide the keys when he could not have them on him. Well that was not enough to keep his daughter from the gun, and she died...

For suicidal peoples, I agree that if they don't kill themselves with guns, they'll do it with something else, but at least when someone take a full bottle of pills, you get a small pocket of time to get them to the hospital or call the anti-poison center. A gun shot doesn't give that kind of chances.