Quote:
You like guns, good. You want guns, good. Keep them at the hunting cabin. Keep them at the local range. Not at home.
That's retarded.

If you're kids are undisciplined enough that they will flat out do what you tell them not to do (as in, "Don't touch my piece you little brat"), then maybe it's time you start spanking them!

Besides, a responsible thing to do is have a trigger lock on any gun you keep at home, if you've got kids. It's not rocket science.

There's buttloads of things around a house that can kill a kid. At my house, I can think of a few that'll do it instantly (nail gun, screw gun, dogs, wife, etc.). So when my little brothers come over, I actually pay attention to what they're doing...

It's very true that if a kid is intentionally looking for a gun, or something else, they're gonna' find a way to get to it. The only way to prevent that is to raise your kids right (I guess THAT'S out of the question these days...)

But most accidents are just that; accidents. Some dumbass owner leaves his gun where the kid can get to it, just screwing around. Then all the sudden, it goes off, and you've got one less kid. A trigger lock would prevent that from happening. AND, I bet that'll never happen twice...

Life is the hardest teacher. Don't teach your kids the right way, then life has a habit of teaching them for you.