Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:

Abortion is overly abused by too many lazy sluts.
I hope you're not equating a D&X with the average abortion procedure. D&X procedures (i.e Pro-Life propaganda "Partial Birth Abortions") are normally performed in the rare instances of:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/abo_pba1.htm

"1st Trimester: D&Xs are not performed during the first three months of pregnancy, because there are better ways to perform abortions. There is no need to follow a D&X procedure, because the fetus' head quite small at this stage of gestation and can be quite easily removed from the woman's uterus.

2nd Trimester: D&Xs are very rarely performed in the late second trimester at a time in the pregnancy before the fetus is viable. These, like most abortions, are performed for a variety of reasons, including:

She is not ready to have a baby for whatever reason and has delayed her decision to have an abortion into the second trimester. As mentioned above, 90% of abortions are done in the first trimester.

There are mental or physical health problems.

The fetus has been found to be dead, badly malformed, or suffering from a very serious genetic defect. This is often only detectable late in the second trimester

3rd Trimester: They are also very rarely performed in late pregnancy. The most common justifications at that time are:

The fetus is dead.

The fetus is alive, but continued pregnancy would place the woman's life in severe danger.

The fetus is alive, but continued pregnancy would grievously damage the woman's health and/or disable her.

The fetus is so malformed that it can never gain consciousness and will die shortly after birth. Many which fall into this category have developed a very severe form of hydrocephalus."

Quote:
The whole issue of abortion should not and should never have been a federal issue. This is without a doubt a matter for the individual states to decide. It's just one of many examples of a liberal federal judiciary ignoring the constitution.
Then why do conservatives in the Federal government keep making this a government issue?

Quote:
EDIT: It is not just the Christian right who is against "partial birth" abortion. Everyone with any sense of morality and right and wrong is also against it.
Maybe if you knew something about the D&X procedure and why it's performed, and didn't take your cues from the Christian Coalition, you know what you were actually talking about here.

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site