Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:

Don't be an idiot. This has nothing to do with RVW.
Congrats! You're the first person to start with the name calling. If you don't think this is just another stepping stone to altimately reverse Wade vs Roe, you're an even bigger idiot.

Quote:
It has to do with abolishing a worthless brutal procedure that has no medical necessity.
Then why do most doctors concider this type of an abortion medically accepted?

"Partial-birth abortion" is a term concocted by the National Right to Life Committee and other anti-abortion lobbying groups. It is not a medical term, nor does it refer to an actual medical procedure."

Quote:
The law does allow for it to be used if the mother is going to die, and there is no other way to help her, just in case. The bit the Dems wanted would have made the law worthless, because pregnancy is always a risk to a woman's health.
No, exemtion if the mother's health is at risk, nor if the fetus is severly abnormal is not part of the ban. Read it again.

Quote:
Blah, Blah, Blah. This law is a good law. I believe in a woman's right to choose. This procedure has no place in that though. It is disgusting, and as everyone in the hearings testified, there is no real reason that it has to be done.
Who's everybody? Those aligned with the Christian right? How about some names?

Quote:
They basically shove forceps up inside the woman, and turn the baby around so that it is coming out feet first. This part of the procedure is quite dangerous to the woman's health. Once they pull the legs out, they stop when the head is just barely still in there. They then take scissors, poke a hole in the back of the baby's head, and suck it's brains out to kill it.
Pro-life propaganda, plain and simple. In 1996, only 0.5% of these D&X procedures were performed, thats only 650 of the 1.37 million abortions that were performed. I wish I had the stats, but I wonder out of those 650, how many were performed on brain dead fetuses or if the mothers life was at risk? I highly doubt that most were performed as a means of birth control. If the fetus is brain dead, and the mothers health is at stake, what would you do?

"Anti-choice legislators promoted bans they publicly claim to be about "D&X" but the laws are vague, never defining the procedure. Abortion opponents latched onto graphic and misleading imagery of "D&X" abortions in a massive effort to con the public into supporting an abortion ban."[/QB]
First, you are wrong on almost every thing you stated here. Tell us all why you are so in favor of abortion. Yeah, this whole thing is concept dreamed up by the Right Wing Conspirators.

Second, find me the stats of the number of women actually saved by having an abortion from 1970 until now. In other words you pro-baby killers, show me the fact sheet on the number of women who were on the verge of death until they had an abortion, then sprang to life.

Third, you are for coathangers but against guns. Why? Do they both not get used in the murder of humans?

Fourth, why didn't you abort your baby?