Quote:
Originally posted by austinbrtndr:

Ok... I have a question for you then... say the pill doesn't work? A woman is taking the pill regularly, but lo and behold, one day becomes pregnant? It is not 100% effective, y'know... is it fair for her, just because she was sexually active, to have to have a child, quit school, be shunned from her family, and go on welfare one day (maybe a bit extreme)? Personally, I think that's crap... Things happen... people make mistakes... would it be better for a child to be brought into the world that isn't wanted? Would it be better for said child to wind up in the dumpster just outside of the hospital? I love my girlfriend, but I know that we are probably not going to be together the rest of our lives. I already have a daughter from a previous divorce, and I hate the fact that she can't have both parents all the time... I wouldn't wish that on any other child...
First of all...... If you want to avoid having a child that much.... and your only method of contraception is your reliance on your girlfriend taking her pill everyday at the same time.... you are a fool. You don't want kids... you put on a bag, regardless of what she says. That is being responsible.

Secondly... Why do all you people seem to feel that every woman who has a child outside marriage goes on welfare? What happened to the father? No responsibility in the situation or are you forgetting him for the sake of your argument?

I seem to recall you liberals were very successful at getting laws passed in all 50 states regarding deadbeat dads. There is even some federal regulations if the guy skips over state lines. He pays or goes to jail. Let me get this straight.... all these women you are talking about are getting both welfare and child support from the males? Nice racket huh?

The women have all the rights with these issues. If you wanted to keep the baby and your girlfriend wanted to abort.... you don't have a damn right or say in anything.