Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
What I don't understand is if the Republicans were so sure of themselves here, and knew this legislation was going to be a slam-dunk, why not include the provision "except to protect the health of the mother..
After listening to many points of view in the media over the last few days on this, I've come to understand this better. "Special concessions" for abortion were not included in the bill signed by Bush because, for example, a doctor could justify an abortion if the mother had a headache because it's harming the "health of the mother." It may sound dubious but do you think nobody tries to find loopholes in law these days, especially when it comes to a sensitive situation like pregnancy and abortion?

To fix all things related to abortion I offer this. Of course in a non-rape and non-life threatening situations this may not apply. Still, EVERYONE should be Pro Life AND Pro Choice. How? People, it should be Pro Life after conception and Pro Choice before conception. If you don't want to have a child, make the correct "Pro Choices" before you conceive. It's as clear as that.

In today's society, radicals in high places are convincing weak-minded individuals that we can eliminate consequences to our actions. As a result, to many are trying to evade responsibility for their actions.

Although this may sound juvenile, it’s a simple analogy. If you touch a hot stove you get burned. If you choose to have intercourse and choose to do it without protection, and have not chosen to participate in procreation, you must live with the consequences. Wheather you choose to obstain or use protection, be Pro Choice and choose wisely.