Its very simple...the tires the stock X comes with are not speed rated above that, so for liability purposes, the truck's top speed is limited to prevent exceeding the speed capabilities of the tires.

As to "Where can you legaly drive more than 96 mph..."

The speed limit around here is 55 mph...so therefore trucks sold here should have a limiter for 55 mph?

I suppose people here want a limiter on the X that prevents it from ever exceeding the speed limit, as they have in Japan, where a sensor wired to the truck and traffic sensors communicate, and prevent the trucks from exceeding the speed limits...or, the system where exceeding the posted limit triggers a set of flashing lights on the roof of the truck...to call attention to its excess speed?

Sounds GREAT!

laugh

I can't wait for more laws to protect us from ourselves.

I think the vast majority of drivers instinctually drive at a safe rate, what ever that may be given the road conditions, their reaction times, etc...

The rest have an inflated sense of their capabilities.

As George Carlin says, everyone going faster than me is a maniac, everyone going slower than me is a moron.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif