Quote:
Originally posted by Kingslayer:

Which pretty much means they never should have put Under God in there to begin with...

Exactly.

Quote:
Either way, starting a court battle over it instead of just minding your own business is stupid.

But is it minding their own business? One could argue having it in the pledge is a "slippery slope" - look at all the attempts to get that joke of a thing, "Intelligent design" put into schools. Just like banning a type of gun is thought of as a slippery slope.

Do I think they will lead to those others? Not really. But some do.

Quote:
I found atheism on my own. One of the things that made me despise religion is the fact that people push it on their children, then look down upon their children when their children don't follow that religion.

I actually have never come across anyone like that, thankfully.

Quote:
People should find their religion on their own.
Too true.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist