Quote:
Originally posted by redimpulse:
TJ, totally right there. The separation of church and state was placed for exactly that reason. The problem is, the 'leaders' up on the hill have taken that idea and twisted it and pushed it to extremes. The idea was never created to take God out of school, or anything like that; it was created to keep the church from becoming a governmental entity.

I don't know about where you guys are, but where I live they are now starting to have a debate on whether they should teach the idea of creation in school along with the current curriculum of evolution. This seems wrong to me. It doesn't matter which side of the theological fence you're on, isn't it the best idea to teach our kids a good chunk of everything so they can make their own informed decisions? They've taken God out of everything because they think it might 'hurt' some of the poor kids that don't believe in God. What about the poor kids that do? They've gone all their lives doing things certain ways, and now they can't because it's not "PC"? It boggles me, how our government and standards can be so messed up sometimes...

On the other side of the fence though, we still have a lot more religious freedoms than are available in many other countries, so I guess we should still be thankful for that...
Correct you are sirs. Well done.