Quote:
Originally posted by Spankeee:
Just a couple of things....

#1) What about MY rights? Do I, or don't I have the right to say "Under God"?
NO rights of your's have been removed.

Quote:
#2) See above.

See above.

Quote:
#3) Will my right to do that be protected by the court system?
It has always been protect to say under God or pray or whatever. Nobody is taking any rights away from you to say whatever you want.

Quote:
#4) I have the right to say the words, "Under God".
Absolutely you do. That's never been questioned.

Quote:
#5) Nobody but me has no ability or right to change #4.
And nobody has tried to change #4.

Quote:
Sorry if I missed the point, but, you know - others have practiced various religions in the US for years, and NOW it's a problem?
We did fine without a mention of God in pretty much any government issue until it was put on money and the pledge.

Quote:
I just don't get it. Make, pass, or rule on a subject like this - and it has NO affect on me. I'll keep doing what I have been doing all my life...practicing my faith in my own way.
So why do you have a problem with it being removed from it should never have been in the first place?

Quote:
I've never had a judge to dinner to discuss it, but if I did, I think he/she would say..."Yeah, go ahead, I can't keep you from doing it".
See above. Nobody has tried to keep you from doing it.

Quote:
We (Christians) have been forced into the minority already
Bullshit. No rights have been removed.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist