Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
from my point of view... My salary increased 5 fold under clinton.... and has dropped by 80% since Bush took office... back to its pre-clinton position.
Hmm, it says "web designer" for your occupation in your profile. The whole web thing in the mid to late '90s was artificial, overhyped and unrealistic. Heck, people commented on it while it was all happening. In fact, I had several friends make fun of me for not jumping ship and getting in the "web flow". Well, I got the last laugh - my more traditional employment not only still exists, but I am making more now than I every have. Whatever short term gains they may have made over me in those couple of years have since eroded....

As much as they would like to take credit, presidents simply don't influance that micro a level of the economy (neither does congress) - at least not in a deliberate and planned way. Indeed, they typically screw it up, and the whole Web thing was going south before W took control.

If that's all your basing your guage of a president on, then you aren't with reality - you need to take a long, honest look at what was really going on in the late '90s...